All the baggage that you carry, including hand baggage, must be presented to the airline staff when checking in for the flight. This requirement is related to the safety of the flight. Baggage, accepted by the airline for transportation under its responsibility for its preservation, is marked with a baggage bag and is called registered. On the luggage tag it is recommended to indicate your last name, address, phone number.
The rules for baggage transportation are set by airlines. For this information, please contact your airline representative.
In addition to the airline’s established free baggage allowance, you can freely transfer the following items if they are in the hands of the passenger and are not enclosed in luggage (hand baggage): a diplomat, a plastic bag, a bouquet of flowers, a handbag or a folder for papers, printed publications for reading in flight, camera or camcorder, portable computer, Duty-free shopping bag, umbrella or cane, coat or raincoat, baby food, baby stroller, folding wheelchair and / or crutch if such items are needed go to the passenger.
Valuable and business papers, passports and other documents, medicines, fragile items, jewelry are recommended to be carried in hand luggage.
For any baggage that exceeds the established rates for free baggage, the payment is made at the appropriate luggage rate.
The carrier may refuse to carry baggage:
- things that may damage the aircraft, persons or their property on board an aircraft;
- things whose transportation is prohibited by laws, rules and regulations of the state authorities of any country to the territory, from the territory or through the territory of which transportation is carried out;
- things that by their weight, size or other characteristics can not be transported as baggage;
- animals, except for dogs, cats and other indoor animals, which are accepted for carriage with the prior consent of the carrier and under certain conditions by the passengers in accordance with the rules of such carriage.
Carriage of liquids
WARNING! In accordance with the requirements of ICAO and the State Aviation Service, Ukraine introduced restrictions on the transportation of liquids and gel in hand luggage.
These restrictions apply to:
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups;
- creams, lotions and oils;
- gels, including gels for hair and shower gels;
- contents of cartridges, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants;
- pastes including toothpastes;
- mixture of liquid and solid substances;
- Indian ink;
- any other similar substances.
Passengers are allowed to carry only a small amount of these substances on board, but only provided they are packed in a container of a volume not exceeding 100 ml. In this case, the data of the containers should be placed in a transparent plastic bag with a volume not exceeding 1 liter and each passenger is allowed to carry only one such package as a hand baggage.
In larger volumes than indicated, volumes may be carried in hand luggage only:
- baby food needed during the flight;
- needed during the flight drugs.
In the baggage, the passenger is allowed to carry alcoholic beverages:
- alcohol content not exceeding 24% in retail bottles – up to 5 liters;
- alcohol content more than 24%, but less than 70% in retail bottles – up to 2 liters;
- the content of alcohol exceeds 70% – transportation is PROHIBITED.
Grounds: Order of the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine dated May 19, 2009, No. 238-288;
ICAO Regulation of 05 October 2006 No. MEMO / 06/363.
List of dangerous items and substances prohibited for air transportation
Subjects and substances prohibited for carriage by passengers and crew in a passenger compartment, but permitted in luggage:
- Firearms (including combat, hunting, sports), pneumatic, gas weapons, pistols and revolvers intended for shooting ammunition equipped with rubber or similar balloons, cold weapons of all kinds and constructively similar products, cartridges and spare parts to weapons, as well as educational, exhausted, museum, souvenir, collection and firearms, in the presence of a natural or legal person with an appropriate permission for its storage, carriage and transportation, guns and pistols for underwater planes ment.
The conduct of weapons is regulated by an instruction approved by the central body of executive power in the field of transport.
- Stinging and cutting items, in particular:
manicure scissors and nail files;
needles for medical injections;
devices and toys imitating all types of weapons; objects with blunt ends, which can cause bodily harm.
(Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated May 12, 2007 No. 723)
Import / export of currency
A natural person has the right to import into Ukraine and export from Ukraine cash in the amount of 10,000 euros – without a written declaration to the customs authority, and in the amount exceeding 10,000 euros – subject to full written declaration and availability of a document on withdrawal of cash from the accounts of banks, solely on the amount exceeding the equivalent of 10,000 euros.
A legal entity imports cash to Ukraine or exports it out of Ukraine through the authorized representative without limiting the amount on the terms of the written declaration to the appropriate customs authority in full if there are documents confirming the withdrawal of cash from the accounts of banks, exclusively for an amount exceeding in the equivalent of 10,000 euro.
For additional information, you can go to the official site – the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine