For the proper service at the Airport “Airport of Vinnytsia” disabled people have the following facilities:
support of persons with disabilities by medical staff of the airport;
- at the entrance to the terminal there is a ramp;
- Room waiting rooms, security controls, storage, and access to the platform are on the same level;
- Women’s and men’s bathtubs have separate cabins for wheelchairs;
- In the medical center of the terminal there is a wheelchair;
- a visual information display in the waiting and accumulation halls is provided for hearing impaired people;
- For people with visual impairments, speakers for announcement are installed in the premises of the terminal;
The Responsible Subdivision for Personnel with Disabilities is the Transportation Organization (SOP), the contact number is Mon-Fri 09: 00-18: 00 (0432) 69-02-70, (0432) 61-05-49.
Non-MEDA cases carriage
The medical report on health status for air transportation does not require passengers who need third-party assistance only for moving at an airport and during boarding and landing on / off the board (s) of the airplane.
No need for medical advice:
pregnant women, if the term of pregnancy is up to 36 weeks (8 months, but not less than 4 weeks before delivery), on condition of satisfactory state of health;
WCHR, WCHS, passengers if the use of a wheelchair is not a medical condition but is used, for example, by elderly people, etc.
Transportation requiring medical advice (MEDA cases)
A medical report (health certificate) should be provided if one of the following occurs:
a passenger whose physical or mental state of health does not enable him to serve himself without third-party care or if he is dangerous towards himself or may create a threat or discomfort for other passengers and crew members;
transportation requires the use of a load;
a passenger is suffering from an infectious disease that can be transmitted to other passengers, crew members and attendants;
a passenger who needs medical assistance, additional oxygen, or the use of any medical equipment during the flight;
pregnant women, if the term of pregnancy is greater than 36 weeks (expected breeds may occur for less than 4 weeks);
Note. A medical certificate may be required during an earlier period of pregnancy if there is any doubt as to the period of pregnancy or the expected birth or if more than one baby is expected to be born or if the pregnancy is complicated.
Babies transportation on the first week (up to 7 days) after birth.
Passengers with fractures of lower or upper limbs (in gypsum or on a bus).
Medical Information Form – MEDIF
In the course of airline transportation, the airline uses the medical certificate of a single sample – MEDIF – in accordance with the requirements of the IATA 700 resolution. This certificate is used whenever carriage is carried out by several carriers.
MEDIF is a permission for air travel, as well as a ground for determining the conditions of transportation.
When using the MEDIF form (printed or computer display), part 1 of the certificate is filled in when the ticket is sold in the presence of a passenger, signed by him or by his person; a copy is attached to the ticket.
Part 2 of the form contains purely medical information and is filled in by a doctor / health care institution.
Note. The information contained in part 2 of the MEDIF is confidential and can not be divulged.
In any case, for the MEDA-MEDIA passengers, the provision of MEDIF is a prerequisite.
MEDIF medical certificate must be provided no later than 72 hours prior to the beginning of the airline in order to ensure proper preparation for the carriage of MEDA category passengers (WCHC, STCR, OXYG, MEDA followed by specification, etc.).
For the preparation of special equipment, escort services, etc., all airports and units that will be involved in the transport must be informed:
fax (8 0432 355768)
or by e-mail.
Medical certificate is valid only for the flight and the date of its execution, which are indicated in it.
If a serious deterioration in the health status has occurred after the medical certificate has been issued for a particular flight, then a medical examiner is required for a re-examination, and a new medical certificate of compliance with the state of health of the air carrier should be issued.
It is not allowed to issue a medical certificate by phone.
Refusal to transport
Refuses to transport a passenger when:
- the state of health of the passenger at the time of registration is such that air transportation can provoke complications or even death;
- the passenger needs personal care during the flight, and the attendant is absent or unable to provide such care;
- As a result of his health, the passenger can cause discomfort for other passengers (appearance, smell, etc.);
- physical or mental state can pose a threat to the safety of other passengers, their property, aircraft or crew members;
- the passenger is ill with an infectious disease;
- pregnancy for pregnant women is expected in the next 7 days;
- passenger transportation is carried out in the first 7 days after the birth of the child.
Accommodation on board the aircraft
The nurseries are installed in the tail section of the B737 PS only in the cabin of the economy class by releasing space occupying 9 armchairs (the last three rows, side A, B, C).
Transportation of passengers in wheelchairs
If the passenger uses his own wheelchair, then his transportation is free of charge.
In order to avoid any damage that may be caused to aircraft or other property, and to ensure reliable and safe transportation, the following requirements should be met, and self-contained wheelchairs should only be registered as checked-in luggage.
Note. Carriage of wheelchairs on accumulators is regulated by the Dangerous Goods Regulations.
Wheelchair Wheelchair Wheelchair (WCBD)
Accepted for carriage as checked baggage in accordance with the Regulations for the carriage of dangerous items and substances of IATA and ICAO, provided that:
- battery terminals are disconnected;
- battery contacts are isolated to avoid short circuits;
- the battery is securely mounted on the wheelchair.
If the wheelchair is used to transport the passenger to the aircraft, and if it is needed immediately after the aircraft landing, then the procedure “Delivery at aircraft” should be used.
Wet cell battery wheelchair (WCBW) Wheelchair Wheelchair
Accepted for carriage as checked baggage only provided that:
- During loading, during transportation and during unloading, the wheelchair will be in a vertical position to prevent the pouring of the electrolyte;
battery terminals are disconnected;
- its contacts are reliably isolated to prevent short circuits;
- the battery is securely mounted on the wheelchair.
If the WCBW transport in the upright position can not be provided for any reason, then the battery must be disconnected. In such circumstances, the wheelchair is transported as ordinary checked baggage without special restrictions.
For transportation of a battery a special container of hard hard material is used:
- the container must be impermeable to liquids, resistant to the electrolyte and secured in the cargo compartment of the aircraft, not simply supporting other luggage and cargo, but using special means;
- the battery must be short-circuited, installed vertically and covered with sufficient absorbent material to absorb the entire amount of electrolyte, if the battery is flooded.
To inform the PS commander about the placement of a wheelchair using message NOTOC (Notification to Captain type).
If the WCBW passenger’s route involves carriage on other carrier’s flights, confirmation of reservation can be made only after receiving confirmation from all carriers on subsequent flights.
Hand-held power folding wheelchair (WCMP)
WCMP is accepted for carriage as baggage without special restrictions.
According to the passenger’s request, the procedure “Delivery at aircraft” may be used.
Note. When registering any type of invalid carriage as checked baggage, it should be labeled with its name “LABEL” as a baggage tag.
Providing additional oxygen (Supplementary oxygen)
The oxygen cylinders belonging to the passenger belong to the category of dangerous items and are transported exclusively as cargo.
Separate requests for limited use of oxygen for medical purposes during a flight in accordance with the recommendations set out in the MEDIF Reference may be confirmed subject to prior agreement on the technical feasibility of providing it.
In all circumstances, the use of an oxygen kit (balloon and mask for supplying oxygen) during take-off and landing is prohibited.
Organization of disability services
- Organization of disability services
- Obligations for servicing a disabled person in the course of all formalities at the airport shall be borne by the airline’s agent, passenger service agent and the head of the medical unit.
- Information on the presence of a disabled person on the flight may be from the staff of the medical station, representatives of the airline or when servicing the arrival passenger – with the telegram PSM.
- The WIP Dispatcher transfers information about the presence of a disability on the flight to all related services:
- when servicing for departure: when implementing a circular announcement of boarding passengers to the aircraft,
- when servicing on arrival: when implementing a circular announcement about the landing of the aircraft, landing the aircraft.
- When servicing a passenger to send a decision regarding the admission of a disabled person to an aircraft, a representative of the airline shall accept it on the basis of documents about the state of the invalid from the medical institution which was directly cared for by the invalid.
- In case when the invalid first applied to the medical unit, the medical staff inform the WIP dispatcher about the presence at the medical station of the airport of the disabled person and the need to organize the maintenance and transportation of the passenger of this category.
- Handicapped service on a stretcher is carried out on a stretcher of a medical point.
- At the request of a disabled person or at the request of accompanying persons, medical assistance provided by medical staff at an airport may be provided to a disabled person.
- Persons accompanying a person with a disability who intend to fly with him may be given the right, in coordination with the relevant services (SAB, customs, border guards (for international passengers)), to complete all formalities with the disabled, not in the standard direction.
- Landing to the PS of a disabled person on stretchers and wheelchairs is carried out in the first place, and disembarkation with the aircraft – in the last turn.
- When using a wheelchair user’s own wheelchairs, they are loaded into the luggage compartment of the aircraft. In this case, it is issued with a baggage tag and loaded in the last place. A disabled person is a detachable part of a baggage tag.
- Disabled service on departure
- Upon receipt of information from the air traffic controller or airline representative about the need to provide services to the disabled (s), the WIP Dispatcher shall appoint a service agent to service this category of passengers.
- The service agent meets a disabled person.
- Having checked the invalid, the relevant documents accompany him to the customs zone (for passengers of international flights) to the check-in counter.
- If the luggage is handicapped, the service agent can assist with the delivery of luggage to the reception desk.
- Registration of air tickets and luggage, all other formalities: security control, customs clearance, passport control (for passengers of international flights) the disabled person carries out in advance, accompanied by a service agent.
- After completing all formalities, the invalid is in the departure zone.
- After the announcement of the start of the boarding flight, the service agent, together with the head of the medical center, accompany the disabled person to the landing, organizes the transportation of the passenger for landing the passenger on an airplane.
- Transportation of the disabled on the passenger’s ladder and in the cabin of the aircraft (if this is necessary) is carried out by luggage handling agents.
- Service of disabled on arrival
- Upon receipt of information about the on-board landing of a disabled person on board the aircraft, the VPO dispatcher shall appoint a service agent to service such a passenger.
- At the request of the person who meets the disability on arrival, the WIP Dispatcher specifies the number of the flight and the category of the invalid, appoints a service agent for the maintenance of the invalid.
- Transportation of the disabled person in the passenger compartment and on the passenger ladder (if this is necessary) is carried out by luggage handling agents.
- The WIP Manager organizes:
- disembarkation of a disabled person with an AC;
- extraordinary passage of the passport and customs control invalid;
- in the presence of a disabled person, the baggage assists in the delivery of luggage from the conveyor belt to the luggage delivery to the city;
- after receiving the invalid baggage and passing all the formalities passes the handicapped to the persons facing the disability;
- in case of absence of the meeting person, the representative of the carrier airline and the servicing agent is called to resolve the issue of further service of the invalid.
Equipment and tools
- telephone sets;
- radio stations;
- car seats
- special vehicle